Life is busy. Who has time to let a cold, cough or headache slow them down. Definitely not you. Sacred Sandalwood, with its distinctly warm, woodsy and sweet aroma, is both uplifting and soothing at the same time. In addition to being a comforting ally in relieving cold and headache symptoms, Sacred Sandalwood essential oil also relieves symptoms of digestive discomfort and induces relaxation, creating an overall sense of calm and wellbeing.Sandalwood is a popular base note in many perfumes and fragrances. With its delightful aroma, Sacred Sandalwood is the perfect complement to pampering spa treatments, evening quiet time, yoga and meditation. It’s sure to become a go-to favourite in your essential oil collection.To ensure the purest, most authentic oil possible, Young Living’s Sacred Sandalwood essential oil comes from the highly sought-after Santalum album tree species transplanted from its native home in India to our partner farm in Australia, which has a similar landscape and climate. From there, each step of the cultivation process is closely regulated and monitored according to our strict Seed to Seal® guidelines.In Aromatherapy, Sacred Sandalwood can also be used topically or inhaled:
- As a nervine and calmative, enhancing relaxation
- As a carminative and antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- To help relieve colds and coughs
- To help relieve headaches
- Enjoy the sultry scent of sandalwood all day long by mixing a drop of this essential oil with your hair products.
- Massage Sacred Sandalwood onto your temples and forehead to promote relaxation and keep you feeling grounded.
- Diffuse during yoga or meditation to encourage focus.
- Keep Sacred Sandalwood in your purse or briefcase for instant relief of digestive issues when dining out.
- Add it to your diffuser and fill the air with its cold-relieving benefits.
- Enjoy the warm, luxurious aroma as a sophisticated personal fragrance.
- Add 2 drops of Sacred Sandalwood and 4 drops of Lavender to your bathwater to help ease stuffiness and enhance relaxation.
- Place 3-10 drops of Lavender, Lime and Sacred Sandalwood in a pot of steaming water to ease cold symptoms. Breathe in the steam for 5-10 minutes.
How to Use
Adults: For topical application: Mix 5 drops of essential oil in 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of carrier oil (preferable V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex). If a larger quantity is desired, maintain a ratio of 1 drop to 1 ml carrier oil. Apply to affected area up to 3 times per day. Do not use essential oils undiluted. Not for oral use. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes; if this happens, rinse thoroughly with vegetable oil. For inhalation: Apply 1 - 6 drops of undiluted essential oil to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale occasionally. Use up to 3 times per day.Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If accidental ingestion occurs, seek urgent medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care practitioner. If you have epilepsy or asthma, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Do not expose the applied area(s) to the sun for 24 to 48 hours after application.Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.Be sure to follow label instructions
Medicinal Ingredients: Sandalwood Essential Oil† (Santalum album – Wood) 100%†100% pure, YLTG essential oil